What I've Been Up To
CONTENT MARKETING MANAGER SCAN123 CORPORATION
TL;DR: I am currently a 1 person marketing team coordinating a strategic transition from a cumbersome sales-led model in a niche industry to a product-led model available to a significantly larger market.
Feb 2023 - Present
As the Content Marketing Manager at Scan123, I develop and execute comprehensive content marketing strategies to promote the company's document management services. Leveraging my expertise in content creation, campaign management, and market research, I drive the development of engaging campaigns and create compelling content for landing pages, ads, promotional emails, and other key deliverables. Leading a team of marketing contractors, I ensure seamless project coordination and deliver results within timelines and budgetary constraints. Through strategic planning and ROI analysis, I optimize marketing efforts to enhance Scan123's competitive advantage.
- Develop and execute comprehensive content marketing strategies to promote Scan123's document management services.
- Manage a team of marketing contractors, ensuring seamless project coordination and successful delivery of results within established timelines and budgetary constraints.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify customer needs and preferences, enabling targeted messaging and content creation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the leadership team to align marketing strategies with organizational goals and drive business growth.
- Utilize data-driven insights to refine marketing tactics, improve ROI, and maximize customer engagement.
- Play a key role in new product development, creating campaigns to increase customer utilization and drive revenue growth.
CONTENT STRATEGIST KINSHIP, A DIVISION OF MARS PETCARE
TL;DR: I developed a content library for a pet care software startup through industry research, conducting expert interviews, attending expos and leveraging its parent company's established brands. Unfortunately, the entire brand was folded into a more established brand due to corporate restructurings.
Jul 2022 - Dec 2022
Lead content strategy for Kinship’s newest product — GoodFriend, an up-and-coming pet care platform designed to connect pet parents and pros
- Researched and collaborated with industry experts and key stakeholders to develop a strategic content plan for the platform’s launch
- Created and curated a robust content library featuring SEO optimized B2B & B2C blogs, expert interviews, and partnership articles
- Leveraged the audiences of established Kinship brands (Wisdom Panel, The Wildest & Whistle) to maximize reach and conversions for new product
- Established key partnerships with over a dozen pet care professionals while exhibiting at SuperZoo, the world’s largest pet retail expo
CONTENT MARKETING STRATEGIST RALLY MARKETING
TL;DR: Provided Copywriting and Content Strategy for a small but mighty digital marketing firm. I adored getting to work with local small businesses to achieve their goals. I really honed my skill for capturing brand voices here.
Jul 2022 - Dec 2022
Excelled as a core content writer and strategist for a boutique digital marketing agency specializing in email automation, social media, brand strategy and narrative branding
- Write engaging copy for social media, blogs, emails, press releases and print materials.
- Brainstorm, research and analyze topics for business and brand development
- Utilize narrative branding for clients to clarify messaging and optimize engagement
- Research, develop and present digital strategies to clients
- Meet with clients to understand their message, brand voice and ideal customer profile
- Convert complex, industry-specific concepts into digestible content
- Notable Industries: Food, Oil & Gas, CBD, logistics, medical, tech, non profit, tourism and manufacturing.
SENIOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST LAFAYETTE CONSOLIDATED GOVERNMENT
TL;DR: I was part of a team of two people responsible for any and all communications that came out of the city-parish government of Lafayette. This included branding and promoting mayoral initiates, hundreds of press releases, media relations, events, and crisis communications. This position provided a wealth of experience in all things communications.
Nov 2018 - Jan 2021
Planned, developed, as well as implemented comprehensive city-wide communication for the City and Parish of Lafayette with a primary focus on making government services more accessible to its citizens. Core responsibilities: public relations, internal and external outreach, media relations, developing and promoting programs, initiatives and events
- Core responsibilities included public relations, internal and external outreach, media relations, developing and promoting programs, initiatives and special events.
- Responsible for all design and branding within Lafayette Consolidated Government as well as maintaining its brand standards on all internal and external communications including: governmental documents and publications, newsletters, annual reports, strategic plans, social media posts, presentations, PSAs, flyers and brochures
- Drafted press releases, fact sheets, one-pagers and create corresponding presentations and visuals for the public to be presented by the Mayor-President
- Point of contact in strengthening partnerships as well as professional working relationships with local media, non-profits, community partners and industry leaders on behalf of Lafayette Consolidated Government.
COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT JUNIOR LEAGE OF LAFAYETTE
TL;DR: Ran an office for a 650 membership organization as its only employee. Solved all the problems, knew all the things. Managed a small team of volunteers to sell over 20k tickets to their annual event. Taught myself design and used those new skills to implement the organization's rebranding.
Mar 2015 - Nov 2018
Sole full-time employee for Junior League of Lafayette, a 650 member chapter of an international non-profit women's volunteer organization. Directed headquarter operations, streamlined business practices, supported member needs. Served on Junior League of Lafayette's management team for 3+ years. Expanded role to include design and brand management during the League’s rebranding.
- Managed league membership activities and ran essential membership queries through, Digital Cheetah, JLL’s membership interface.
- Trained volunteers on ticket sales, customer service and bookkeeping practices while managing all in-house printing for JLL’s largest fundraiser Tinsel & Treasures Holiday Market
- Assisted with events, meetings, design & marketing projects, communication coordination, and content development.
- Sold award-winning JLL Cookbooks to league members and the general public
REFERENCES: Former JLL President Tracy Ralston